NMPED Home :: PED A to Z Directory :: Contact Us

Constituent Services
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Mexico Public Education Department

Home School Applications

  • Is the Public Education Department the agency I contact about home schooling my children?

Yes. Parents/legal guardians must register as a home school via the home school website or send written notification to the Secretary of Education at 300 Don Gaspar, Santa Fe, NM 87501-2786 (Attention: Home School Bureau) within 30 days of establishing a home school and re-notify on or before April 1st of each year thereafter.

If you are seeking to fill out the form for notification via the website and have run into trouble sending the form, please click on the Home School Operators Procedures Manual, then go to page 3 of the manual, which contains the form.  You can print the form, fill it out and mail it to the following: Lorianne Valencia, Charter Schools Division, 300 Don Gaspar, Santa Fe, NM 87501. Or, you can fax the form to 505-827-6725.



Back to FAQs