NMPED Home :: PED A to Z Directory :: Contact Us

Constituent Services
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Mexico Public Education Department


  • What is the difference between a bilingual endorsement and a TESOL endorsement?

A bilingual endorsement authorizes you to teach other subject matter areas, i.e. language arts, mathematics, science, etc. in another language. and a TESOL endorsement authorizes you to teach English to speakers of other languages.

For more information on the TESOL or Bilingual endorsements, please contact the department's Licensure Bureau at LicensureUnit@state.nm.us.




Please click here to report any missing or incorrect information.