NMPED Home :: PED A to Z Directory :: Contact Us

Constituent Services
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Mexico Public Education Department


  • I am in the process of acquiring my administrative license based on New Mexico rule.   What must I do in order to apply?

You must submit an application with the appropriate processing fee of $65 in the form of a cashier’s check or money order but must meet pre-requisites for the license first before submitting the application.

You must have a bachelor’s and master’s degree.  You must hold a Level 3A teaching license with seven or more years of teaching experience.  If the master’s degree is in a discipline other than educational administration, you must have earned 18 graduate hours in educational administration plus an administrative apprenticeship.

For additional information, please contact the Licensure Bureau at




Please click here to report any missing or incorrect information.