NMPED Home :: PED A to Z Directory :: Contact Us

Constituent Services
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Mexico Public Education Department


  • What is required to obtain a coaching license?  If I already have a teaching license, what form do I used to apply for the coaching license?

You must complete the New Mexico Activities Association (NMAA) coaches’ training program.  A one-time one-year license will be issued to allow you time to complete the training.  If you have completed the training, please attach the Certification of Completion to your application.  Do not send a copy of your score report.  You can download the application for additional licensure, which is available by clicking http://www.ped.state.nm.us/Licensure/dl08/additional.pdf

For additional questions regarding licensure, please contact the Licensure Bureau at 505-827-5821 or LicensureUnit@state.nm.us.  

For additional information, please contact the Licensure Bureau at




Please click here to report any missing or incorrect information.