NMPED Home :: PED A to Z Directory :: Contact Us

Constituent Services
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Mexico Public Education Department


  • If my license has expired, how much time do I have to renew it?

You have a one-year grace period from the date of expiration in which to renew your license.  If it has lapsed for more than one year, you need to submit an initial application & fee, official transcripts, etc., provide verification of 5 years of experience during the life of the expired license and a Superintendent’s Recommendation Form from the last employer.  If you have any additional questions, please contact our Professional Licensure Bureau at 505.827.5821.

 For additional information, please contact the Licensure Bureau at




Please click here to report any missing or incorrect information.