NMPED Home :: PED A to Z Directory :: Contact Us

Constituent Services
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Mexico Public Education Department


  • Does the Public Education Department issue interim, substandard, waiver or emergency licenses?

No.  The federal “No Child Left Behind Act” of 2001 does not allow for anyone with these types of licenses to be in the classroom.




Please click here to report any missing or incorrect information.