NMPED Home :: PED A to Z Directory :: Contact Us

Constituent Services
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Mexico Public Education Department


  • How do I add endorsements to an existing license?

With the exception of bilingual and TESOL, you either must earn a minimum of 24 semester hours of credit in the subject matter area (for middle, PreK-12 and secondary) in which 12 of those 24 hours must be upper division level  (300 and above) OR, if an exam is available, TAKE and PASS the Content Knowledge Assessment in the subject matter area.




Please click here to report any missing or incorrect information.