NMPED Home :: PED A to Z Directory :: Contact Us

Constituent Services
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Mexico Public Education Department


  • Where do I go to receive a transcript from my high school, which is now closed?

Under state rule (available by clicking http://www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/nmac/parts/title01/01.020.0002.htm), all schools and school districts must retain transcript records, even when a school closes.  The rule includes the following:       STUDENT CUMULATIVE EDUCATION RECORD FILE
            D.        Retention:

(1)     Transcript.  Cumulative achievement record equivalent for elementary and secondary school including information on school entry, withdrawal, graduation, subjects taken, grades received, high school proficiency exam score etc.:  90 years after date of high school graduation or 90 years after student concerned would normally have graduated from high school, whichever applies.

Please click here to report any missing or incorrect information.